Friday, July 07, 2006

One Injection Down...

I can't tell you all how anxious I was driving home from work tonight. Even belting out Johnny Paycheck and Lee Greenwood couldn't keep my mind off Claudette. What's worse - I was dreading the thiamin injection - especially since Marty is needlephobic. But I thought of my friends who are diabetic and who have gone through fertility treatments and I knew that we could do it.

When I got home I waited patiently for Marty to finish hanging blinds on the studio door. Then the 2 of us - properly attired in goat wrangling gear of jeans and sneakers - syringe in hand, headed out to the pasture.

I of course was worried about injecting her wrong - putting the syringe in the wrong place, getting air into her blood (you think I have seen too many episodes of Law & Order?)...

Elvis and Ann-Margaret were out in the pasture grazing. Little Claudette was sitting in the barn. The good news is that she looked better than she did this morning. Her eyes seemed clearer and she didn't look dazed. Hopefully the thiamin is working.

She didn't run when Marty and I approached her. She stood still while my needlephobic husband injected her. She didn't bleat. She didn't cry - well - not until after.

And I didn't panic about doing it wrong...or right.

One injection down. Three to go.

Say a prayer that little Claudette makes it through another night. She's now part of the family...

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

2 comments:

keeling said...

welcome country bumpkin to the space world of Iber
;-)

keeling said...

wassup did u see my blog page?

cool site.. how do u add more pictures to the front..?